Wednesday, September 7, 2011

It's all in the grip




For years I had the standard thumbs forward grip that I was taught by watching Rob Leatham VHS tapes from back in the 90's.  I definitely had better control and was faster in reacquiring my front site and target and felt pretty good about the way I shot my handguns.  Fast forward to this past year and I noticed a slight modification to this grip that was being used by Chris Costa of Magpul Dymanics and Bob Vogel from the Panteao IDPA DVD.  It's hard teaching an old dog new tricks but I thought, let me give it a try.  All I can saw is wow, what a difference.  It has taken my pistol shooting to the next level.  Recoil control is simply amazing.  Give it a try yourself and see what happens.  I highly recommend both the Panteao DVD and the Magpul Dynamics DVD for the exact technique and instruction on this slightly modified grip.  Give me your feedback!



No comments:

Post a Comment