Monday, October 24, 2011

Weapons Manipulation & Dry Fire PLUS DeSantis Review


You can never spend enough time with weapons manipulation training.  Getting that muscle memory with the draw, reloads and transitioning shoulders or from target to target is critical to making these things second nature under stress or competition settings.  This can be accomplished at the range but better yet, why not save money and do it at home?  My basement has become my spot for getting these things down.  Fast and correct is what I preach.


Gear placement is also crucial to success.  I have had to make some subtle changes to where I position my mag holders and pistol holster.  Trial and error in the basement is much better than on the range.  Love the kydex PMAG carriers from Concealment Innovations.  The positively hold that mags and I have confidence that they won't fly out when running around.

A quick review of the DeSantis Speed Scabbard holster and mag carriers: Love them!  They are very comfortable.  The mag holders have an adjustable tension screw and positively hold my Wilson Combat mags perfectly.  The holster also has an adjustable tension screw and hold the pistol with plenty of tension yet allows a nice quick draw.  It has two belt loop positions to choose from, one more vertical that I prefer and another more suited for small of the back carry.  I had to work the holster a little bit to get it worn in but so far I am liking how this feels.  This is more a carry rig than a IDPA competition rig but I will be using it for IDPA and I will let you know how it performs.  I'll see you at the range and as always, feel free to leave your comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment