Monday, September 12, 2011

My Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm



I have owned and shot more than a few 9mm handguns.  From a Tangfolio TA99, Taurus PT99, Beretta 92FS, Browning HiPower and the Glock 19.  However I couldn't be happier than I am with my M&P 9.  It has all the advantages of the Glock with a better grip and ergonomics.  I have put thousands of rounds through it without one malfunction.  It is reliable, accurate and I like the break/reset of the trigger pull even more than the Glock.  This is my primary IDPA stock service pistol and with my recent grip change, I am getting better with each trip to the range.  If you are looking for a great alternative to the Glock, give it a try.  I am taking nothing away from Glocks, they are great handguns.  I made my decision to get the M&P strictly because I liked the way the grip felt more, plain and simple.  Anyway, check out how it performs in the Magpul DVD, the Art of the Dynamic Handgun.  This is required viewing as far as I'm concerned so check it out!



3 comments:

  1. A positive comment regarding the M&P trigger? Nice to read! It's definitely a crisp break and the reset isn't as unnoticeable as reviews might suggest. My favorite 9mm also.

    Curious, is that a Hogue grip you're using?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a Hogue (although I loved it on the Gen1 Glock), it is the Pachmayr Tactical Grip Glove and barring a custom stipple job, they offer the best grip out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reply. I'll have to give it a look.

    ReplyDelete