Sunday, October 9, 2011

Updated SR1911


So when I was eyeing up 1911's at the shop, it was a two horse race.  The Ruger SR1911 or the Remington 1911 R1 Enhanced.  The Remington had some nice front slide serrations and some really nice micarta grips.  As soon as I bought the Ruger, as nice as the stock grips are, I had to replace them with some sweet micarta grips (Operators II G10) from VZ Grips.  They look and feel amazing.  I also went with some new stainless hex screws to finish it off.  The Ruger came with one 8 round bumper mag and one traditional flat bottomed 7 round mag so going out and getting 3 Wilson Combat 8 round 500 Elite Tactical mags was a no brainer.  These magazines are of such high quality, they instantly make my gun feel like a custom gun, and I didn't spend between 2 and 3 grand to get there ;)



2 comments:

  1. Awesome. I've heard nothing but good things about this 1911

    ReplyDelete
  2. What color are those grips? Black/Grey? Thanks!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete